Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Haul?!

I hope that you all had a very merry Christmas and holiday. I had a very casual Christmas with my immediate family this year. I enjoy it that way because there is no playing nice with that member of your family that you loath. Or any awkward silence at the dinner table. It's without all the things that a lot of people dread this time of year, the things that make so many Christmas movies.


I wanted to share with you what I received for Christmas. It's not a lot, but they are nice gifts and could possibly give you ideas for next years shopping! I'm not sure if this is to be considered a "haul" since I didn't buy it...but we'll stick with that for now.


Gifts Cards are excellent! Here I have one for Wal-Mart, Starbucks and Micheal's. This is PERFECT! I purchase so much stuff at Wal-Mart. It's where I buy 90% of my clothing/accessories as well as everything else. Though I don't drink a lot of coffee, I make it a point to swing by Starbucks when I'm in the big city of Raleigh or at the mall. And Micheal's, well what can I say. I can do so much shopping at Micheal's! From polymer clay to scrap booking to stuff I don't even need! I already have a mental shopping list ready!


Hand Soap. This is Bath and Body Works "Tropical Papaya" anti-bacterial, deep cleansing hand soap. I really like the smell of this, of course, I usually like the smell of anything that smells like flowers or fruits. Hand soaps such as the ones you buy from Bath and Body Works are really simple gifts. Everyone washes their hands and with soap people usually aren't too particular about the fragrance like they can be with lotions. Therefore, I'd say its a great gift for someone you aren't very familiar with. If you know what fragrances they like, you can purchase the lotion instead, if not, stick with soap.


Sugar Scrub. This "Ginger Citrus" sugar scrub is by Arbonne. I've heard a little about Arbonne, but I've never tired any of their products. To my knowledge all of their products are all natural and they seem to work the same as Avon, where you purchase through a rep. However, I haven't researched this company. But since I have heard a little about them I was pretty excited to see this. Something like this can be a really great gift for your girl friends. If there is a product that you really like and you know your friends haven't tried it, gift it to them. Who doesn't love regular product sized free samples?


Blankets! I just love this! I love how soft it is. I love how warm they keep you and I love the adorable snowmen in their rainbow scarves. It's 100% polyester so its super soft and warm. I have another blanket of the same material that is a solid tan color. I'm very cold-natured, so I'm always wearing a light jacket or hoodie in the house. There is always that tan blanket on the foot of my bed, I even use it in the summer! And at this very moment, the snowmen are draped over my shoulders. You can never have enough cute snugly blankets like this, especially if you are as cold-natured as me!


Scarves. Scarves are another simple gift that go a long ways. Like I said, very cold-natured, so this is great. I already have a lot of scarves, but you can never have too many. I mean really, you need one for each outfit, right? And there are several types. Some a great for winter, some are fit for summer. I don't think you can ever go wrong. This is a gorgeous brown and tan, 100% polyester scarf. I have one like this in Burgundy and purple. They are super long which is great for wrapping around your neckline which keeps you super warm and they are, you guessed it, super soft!

Well, that wraps it up. It wasn't much but I'm thankful for all that I did receive. It's not whats under the wrapping that matters, its the thoughtfulness and generosity of others that counts. Christmas is a celebration for the birth of Jesus Christ, our lord and Savior. Presents are not mandatory, they are generously given. So no matter what you did or didn't get this year, be thankful for what you have! No matter what you believe in or celebrate this time of year, its important to remember that its not what you get that matters, its who gives it to you! Cherish your family and your friends and enjoy the new year with them!

xx -Jen

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

If you have any questions or would like a personal reply, please email me at itsonlyjenpc@gmail.com